Friday, December 31, 2010

"52 Saturdays Make 1 Year"

Hi everyone,

Things are a bit slow here scrapping wise, due to the shed/scrapping room status, but never mind, I confiscate the kitchen bench at times, and manage to turn out a few bits and pieces.

I did a shadow box frame for Jackie as a Christmas present, using a few different techniques to alter the frame and chipboard. These include the use of Tim Holz distress Crackle Paints, Pearl Daubers, Perfect Pearls, Distress Inks, and Stickles.....I love Stickles....especially waterfall, and patina.

I have blurred Jackie's face until she returns from holidays, and I check that she is happy for it up here.


This frame also has Websters pp for the background, prima pearl florish, and some of the beautiful JulesGems flowers.




Today I got to do two LO's, both were challenge LO's, I am happy with how they turned out.

The first was for Home and Scrapped "Get Challenged Now", where I was challenged to do a LO with
1. Something metal
2. Grungy
3. Male embellishements.

Andrew was the perfect victim for this LO. I used Kaiser "Grunge" paper, which I have had in my stash for quite some time, and sponged it using sequin negatives, to give a grungy look. Metal embellishments are used, and I painted corrugated squares (both cut and torn), to create more masculine embellishements. The title (a bit hard to read) is "the shirt tells the story"

Hope you like it.

Next was a challenge for Scrapsidaisy by Jules. It was to created a LO with circles of some form, 5 buttons and to use green somewhere on the page.


I received a beautiful little pack of cardstock, this doily and other bits and bobs for a Secret Santa and thought they fitted with this challenge very well.


Whats next for me....Well....I have decided to do a twist on Becky Higgin's Project Life in 2011, where she has challenged to take a photo a day for a year to create a journal of her life....For me that is totally unrealistic for a couple of reasons

1. My Monday to Friday is very very repetative
2. I will no doubt forget a day or two then go "oh well maybe next year"

So after thinking about it for a while I have decided to challenge myself in a different way.

To take two photos every Saturday from Tomorrow (1st January), one in the morning and one in the afternoon, I will then create an album called

"" 52 Saturday's make 1 year"

I have chosen Saturday as the year starts and ends on Saturday. Also we have sport, car activities, family days, and most of all Scrapping on Saturday. I am really looking forward to doing this, and maybe I just might inspire some of you out there to do the same.

Anyway, as it is NYE, I had better go see what the boys are up too. Have a drink, and see if I can stay awake for the next hour or so.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!

TTFN

Kimmi

No comments:

Post a Comment