Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Glue is dry

And here it is the 3rd frame I restyled today.

It is a bit of a mish-mash of everything. Pearls, bling, charms, lace, flower muslin, and a beautiful border flourish from WOW (Words or Whatever).

Firstly I texture painted the old frame (once again an old black one), then painted over that with some Kaiser acrylic. then added European Gold RubnBuff to the edges and high points of the texture. I cut the Floral Border into 4 peices, and very lightly coated them with texture paint. When dry I hit the chippy with some glimmer mist, and rubbed some distress ink over the high points, then UTEE'd over the hole lot.
After putting in one photo, I was not happy with the colours, so I decided on putting this photo of myself and a dear friend at Christmas, as you can tell from the colour of my face, I had a few too many drinks. I then decided to add a few more bits and pieces, Yes maybe there are a few too many elements, but I am happy with the result. Nothing like my original plan but IT WORKED....for me anyway.


Lastly here is a LO I completed with the Vintage Sewing Set, this is such an awesome set,
I inked the sewing machine and cotton reel with black ink, and added some gold then UTEE'd. and on the pin cushion I used some Chinese red embossing enamel. I linked these elements with the string, and Pegs (just lightly coated with white acrylic) to "tie them together" so to speak.




The Modern Dress Form chippy would have to be one of my favourites from Words or Whatever
WOW I have used an opaque white enamel, and gold rub 'n buff.

Why not go and have a look at the WOW gallery or at the Blog site, you will find lots and lots of inspiration over there. Don't forget to check out your LSS to pick up some WOW products, if they don't already stock it, ask them to get it in QUICK.


TTFN

Kimmi

No comments:

Post a Comment