Sunday, February 13, 2011

I received my first Words or Whatever - WOW Chipboard consignment a couple of weeks ago, and have steadily been working my way through it. I am comming up with new ideas all the time for it.

If you like any of the chippy items you see here, head of to your LSS and ask them if they already stock WOW or to get it in. You can see more wonderful ideas over on their Blog or on their Facebook Page. Both are getting updated at least twice weekly with ideas and inspiration from the Wonderful WOW design Team. If all else fails and you LSS can't get in the chippy give Leisa at Scrapsidaisy Wingham a quick email at orders@scrapsidaisy.com, and tell her I sent you, I know Leisa will be more than happy to help you out.

My first project for WOW was the beautiful Fairy Tale Castle album (M170), it is made from MDF, so very easy to work with

I have used a lots different bits and peices from my stash, including some Websters paper, and Fabric, lots of different laces, and ribbons.








For the castle Peaks, I have undercoated, modpodged random sections and painted with purple, then dried it off with a hot air gun, which bubbled in places, and gave the peaks some texutre. I then, rubbed in some dampened perfect pearls and Gold Rub 'n Buff. The flags were inked with a bright purple then covered with 'crystal' Stickles.



Here are some more random shots. You will also see some birds from the "Small Bird Pack" (C999), which were also inked and coated with Perfect Pearls.

I was initially temped to to a boys castle album, but decided to show that you can use this product for a more adult themed one. I love how it has turned out.











Next I had a play with the "Australia Shadow Box Frame" (M154) as soon as I saw it I knew what I wanted to do, just had to decide on the photo to use. Here is the finished product. I just LOVE how it has turned out. I hope you all do too.

Again, this is an MDF product, so makes it easy to play with. Firstly I used some texture paint to create some definition to the surface, giving it a mildly mappy sort of look, as if it is higlighting ranges etc. Then I got out the Tim Holz Crackle paints, applied them, dried it quick with the hot air gun, and then sprayed the whole thing with Glimmer Mist, which ran into the cracks beautifully. Finally when that was dry, I attacked the whole frame with Stickles (waterfall and black). A few gorgeous flowers from Jules Gems and a Photo of a beautiful young lady with an Australian Icon finished off the effect.










Today, I played with some of the chippy, here is a Lay Out and a card. I did do another LO with some more wonderful Chippy, but I will load that one next week when it dries.



This is a photo of my grand parents, this page I completed for part of my family history album. I have sued the "Love of my LIFE" (C815) chippy which has be Distress Inked, then I put some tiger grip on in random spots, and UTEE'd, the Tiger grip bubbled up beautifully, Also there are some leaves, inked and perfect pearled.





I absolutely love these crutches, now wish I had a photo taken of me back when I had my knee operated on. I made this Get well soon card with the WOW crutches(C1008), I have simply painted them, then dipped the stopper and padding at the top in come Chinese Red Embossing Enamel. What a great effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment