Saturday, June 25, 2011

SSSSI - Savy Space Saving Storage Idea No 1.

Hi all,

Well, we still do not have anything in the shed...long story...but though I should start working on my storage Ideas. As my area is only going to be 1.5 meters wide, and at least 1/2 a meter of that will be workbench space, I won't have much room for storage, so I need to become a little savvy.

I am very excited about what I am going to do for my paper storage, but you will all have to wait for the big reveal on that one..... Suzanne from Words or Whatever WOW and I have some "secret squirrel" business happening, WOW is able to custom make chipboard and MDF products, and they are helping me out.

But for now...Andrew has helped me recycle an old shadow box to become a storage frame....... What do you think?
Firstly, Andrew made up the shelves for me, and painted the base coat. then we added the frame to the outside, painted it with a variety of acrylics, crackles, and gold leaf rub'n buff, then I decorated it with the flowers and bling etc. Got some shot glasses, and separated my button container into colours, and with a couple of leftover glasses I had some room for brads too. I will have to go and get more shot glasses though.
I am thinking of running a strip of elastic along the underside of the frame and I can then thread ribbon through and have it hanging below the frame.

Now all I have to do is find somewhere to store it until I get the shed done...lol


Will keep you up to date with my next Savy Space Saving Storage Idea.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's gorgeous Kimmi!! Fantastic stuff, looking forward to more of your storage ideas!! x

    ReplyDelete